Shuharikan Dojo St. Paul, MN
Shioda Yoshinkan Aikido
- Learning to use the Kubaton in an interactive, hands-on training session
- Learn simple and effective self-defense applications using the tool
- Take home a training handbook and Kubaton of your choice
- Have fun and meet other like-minded individuals!
A Course in Breathing, Balance, Crafting Mastery, and Buki Training
Description: Drawing on the principles of the art of Aikido, this 10-session course offers training and experience in:
- Optimal breathing and balance in movement
- Crafting mastery through the exploration of its concepts, techniques and methods of embodiment
- Buki training, including safe solo and partner exercises with the jo (wooden short staff) and bokken (wooden sword)
Dates: The course will be held on the following Thursday evenings from 6:30 until 8:00: October 6, 13, 20, 27; November 3, 10, 17; and December 8, 15, 22.
Location: Classes will be held at the Shuharikan Aikido Dojo, 265 W. 7th Street, St. Paul, MN. The dojo is at the corner of W. 7th and Walnut, 2 blocks west of the Xcel Center. Enter on Walnut and go to the 3rd floor.
Cost: $60 (no charge to Shuharikan members in good standing).
Impact and Experience Level: Although we draw on the art of Aikido, this is a “no impact” course; there will be no falls, throws or pins. No prior martial arts or athletic experience is necessary.
Registration: Contact email@example.com and follow the directions to state your intention to attend the course. We will accept only the first 15 registrants.
The Shuharikan Aikido Dojo is a certified member of the Shioda International Aikido Federation (SIAF). The SIAF is administered by Yasuhisa Shioda Soke, its president and chief instructor, and is based in Tokyo, Japan.