In today’s world, it’s more important than ever to be prepared.
EDC refers to items that are carried on a consistent basis to assist in dealing with normal everyday needs of modern society, including possible emergency situations
Interactive, hands-on training, learning simple & effective EDC Tool use and application
Taught by internationally certified Black Belts & Defensive Tactics Specialists
Course title: Everyday Carry or EDC (* minus firearms)
- Everyday Carry or EDC refers to items that are carried on a consistent basis to assist in dealing with normal everyday needs of modern western society, including possible emergency situations.
- Some of the most common EDC items are knives, flashlights, multi-tools, wallets, smartphones, notebooks, and pens. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everyday_carry)
Background and Course Description:
- Where do you have an opportunity for an informal conversation of tools you carry on a day-to-day basis, share experiences in their application, and actually see and feel them in use?
- This course will be an interactive discussion and information sharing session where participants will bring in and share what they have on them or in their “kits”
- There will also be an optional hands-on period for “trying out” some the tools, i.e. Kubatons, tourniquets, etc.
- Active adults and teens, who have a pro-active approach and mind-set in being prepared for the unexpected
- The individuals may have a leaning toward physical activities, including those outdoors and traveling
- Like-minded in the sharing of information, i.e. tools, processes, etc., from actual use and implementation of the tools in day-to-day application or in emergency situations
Agenda, Themes and Setting:
- The course will be held at the Shuharikan Dojo in St. Paul, on a quarterly basis. We will use a casual, round-table conversation method of sharing individual information and experiences.
- All attendees will be eligible for entry into the session drawing
- Coffee, juice, and light refreshments will be provided
- Nominal fee to cover beverages and refreshments and drawing item(s)
- #1: Self or Personal Carry – knife, multi-tool, etc.
- #2: Car/Truck/Vehicle – window break tool, jumper cables, etc.
- #3: Home – fire extinguisher, door dowels, door stops, etc.
- #4: Work – at your desk, on the floor, etc.
- $5 per person
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jon Sharratt at 612-432-5556